Workshops at Wowo
Check out the workshops Anna Richardson, Lucinda Warner and myself already have scheduled for 2018 hosted by Workshops at Wowo based at Wowo campsite. Spring Forage on Saturday 21st April, Natural plant dying with Deborah Barker on Sunday 13th May, Summer flowers on Sunday 1st July and Autumn Berries forage on Saturday 22nd September, Medicinal mushrooms with Jesper Launder on Sunday 21st October, Root day on Saturday 27th October and a day dedicated to the might oak and Acorn on Saturday 10th November. Find out more »
Foraging, Wild medicine walks and workshops and herb garden volunteer dates 2018
- Saturday 21st April – Spring Greens full day workshop at Wowo campsite
- Saturday 28th April – Herb garden volunteer day. Contact Alice to register
- Saturday 12th May – Forage and Fire, a 2hr session at Wowo campsite
- Wednesday 30th May – Late Spring foraging and wild medicine walk at Wowo campsite
- Saturday 9th June – Herb garden volunteer day. Contact Alice to register
- Sunday 1st July – A celebration of summer flowers full day workshop at Wowo campsite
- Sunday 8th July – Summer flowers wild plant walk at Wowo campsite
- Wednesday 11th July – Medicinal garden tour at Wowo campsite
- Sunday 29th July – Herb garden volunteer day. Contact Alice to register
- Saturday 18th August – Herb garden volunteer day. Contact Alice to register
- Saturday 8th September – Herb garden volunteer day. Contact Alice to register
- 14-16th September – Good life experience festival
- Saturday 22nd September – Autumn berries and nuts full day workshop at Wowo campsite
- Saturday 29th September – Harting Down National trust foraging and wild medicine day
- Wednesday 3rd October – Autumn wild medicine walk at Wowo campsite
- Sunday 7th October – Herb garden volunteer day. Contact Alice to register
- 13th & 14th October – Autumn apothecary at Boutiful Botanics at Wakehurst gardens
- Sunday 21st October – Medicinal mushroom day with Jesper Launder at Ashdown forest, booking via Wowo
- Saturday 27th October – Root day at Wowo campsite
- Saturday 10th November – Acorn day at Wowo campsite
- Saturday 24th November – Herb garden volunteer day. Contact Alice to register
Click on the links to book. Advance booking essential.
Herbal Home-ed 2018
The 2018 Herbal Home-Ed group (8-15yrs) runs for 5 days over the year 10am-3pm, spring, summer and autumn.
Dates: 9th March, 11th May, 8th June, 28th September, 19th October. Get in contact if your child is interested……..waiting list applies and we may consider running two sessions this year if enough demand. Cost is £30 per child, half price for a sibling.
Herbal Kids club
New for 2018 upon the kids requests:) Once monthly after school herbal kids club for 5-7yrs. The herbal kids club is designed to teach the kids (and accompanying adults) safe and effective ways to use herbs in our daily lives. This is a practical hands-on club where we will learn about foraging, plant ID, botany, growing and harvesting as well as recipes for various topical and internal simple remedies. Our club will be based around the campfire (with shelter if raining) or in the herb garden but we will also walk and forage around the larger farm onsite. Once a month on Thursdays; April – September; 4pm-5.30pm – £15 per 1.5hr session. Dates: 12th April, 24th May, 7th June, 12th July, 2nd August, 6th September
I run workshops for adults, families, schools and home education children’s groups which can include a selection of following activities based on your requirements:
- Foraging for food and medicine
- Practical bushcraft skills (fire lighting, making cordage, nature connection games)
- Practical herbal applications and products (herbal first aid kit, family health herb cabinet, women’s herbal health)
- Practical herbal medicine making to cover Oxymel’s, glycerines, tinctures, decoctions, syrups, ointments, compress and more
- Basic botany & Biology
- Foraging homework!
A half day guided walk and talk for a maximum of 20 participants or a full day programme for 15 participants which includes a practical session making ointments, infused oils, oxymels, poultices, foot baths, tinctures and much more. This can be held at a location of your choice or in the woods at Wowo campsite in East Sussex. Contact me to enquire about prices and availability
If you want to bring a larger group, our workshops, herb walks and herbal parties can be run by two practitioners/facilitators. I regularly work with Lucinda Warner and Anna Richardson and can link up with any of the talented instructors who regularly run Workshops at Wowo in order to meet the needs of your event.
Why not extend your stay and fully immerse yourself in nature? Overnight camping or glamping (in a yurt, shepherd’s hut or bell tent) residential workshops can be arranged with enough advanced notice. In collaboration with Wowo Campsite in East Sussex.